Our Birthright Strollerthon 2018!
It was a challenging year for our Birthright Strollerthon 2018, with walkers experiencing illness, a death in the family, conflicting dates etc, but in the end the walk came together and we had another successful Birthright Strollerthon. Thank you to all of our walkers, both those who were able to participate this year and those who were not.
Some pictures below from the Birthright Strollerthon 2018. Despite Victoria’s recent spell of hot weather, Saturday morning near the water dawned cool and breezy. Just right for a stroll through James Bay in support of Birthright Victoria and our mission of support to women experiencing unplanned pregnancy. After the walk, we had an impromptu picnic complete with cake, juice, violin serenades, and visiting on the grassy slopes surrounding Fisherman’s Wharf Park.
Sponsoring our Walkers
If you would like to donate to this year’s Strollerthon, it’s not too late. Please speak to our walkers or their representatives at the churches listed below.
- Saanich Peninsula Catholic Churches (we are taking donations in memory of Patrick Lally, RIP)
- the Ordinariate Community meeting at Our Lady of Fatima (donations in memory of Patrick Lally, RIP)
- Queen of Peace in Esquimalt
- The Latin Congregation meeting at Queen of Peace
- Our Lady of the Rosary in Langford
- Our Lady Star of the Sea in Colwood
- St Joseph the Worker on Burnside Rd
- St Francis Xavier in Mill Bay
You can also make a Strollerthon donation directly to Birthright Victoria by writing to us at 513 – 620 View St; Victoria, BC V8W 1J6. Please mark your donation “Birthright Strollerthon 2018.”